Granted - You'll have to wait 2 years and pay another $34,000 USD, but read below why this is such a big deal in industrial history.
It's currently 3:13 am on a Friday morning and I am geeking out on teslamotors.com in support of both an amazing entrepreneur and amazing company.
Because I thought about writing this post, it enabled me to write about my experience of watching a 25 minute promo video of the hottest car in the history of cars (my opinion) and share with you why I think it is something that you should be excited about, even if you're NOT a car person.
First off - this car is fully electric! Not electric like your grandma's Prius Hybrid. I'm talking - plug it into the wall underneath the socket you plug your toaster and never pump gas again.
The Specs That Matter
- 0-100 km/h in less than 6 seconds - faster than a Ford Mustang V6
- Windshield to trunk glass roof for full visibility
- You can fit your 7 foot long Surfboard in it
- 15 inch landscape touchscreen
- Almost 350 km's of battery range
- It makes no sound when you turn it on or drive it
- Because it's battery powered, the torque to the tires take as much time as flicking a lightswitch
- Comes with Autopilot Hardware - so you snapchat as you drive
- Down payment costs just $1,000, but there are currently 135,000+ on reservation.
Production starts in 2017, more than 18 months from now at a very affordable price of $35,000